As energy demands continue to surge worldwide, the need for efficient and environmentally neutral energy production becomes increasingly apparent. In its first edition, this book presented a well-rounded perspective on the development of bio-based feedstocks, biodegradable plastics, hydrogen energy, fuel cells, and other aspects related to renewable resources and sustainable energy production. The new second edition builds upon this foundation to explore new trends and technologies. The authors pay particular attention to hydrogen-based and fuel cell-based technologies and provide real-world case studies of renewable energy projects in the emerging Asian and South American markets.
- Includes extensive key studies of the situation of renewable resources exploitation in representative biomass rich countries
- Includes aspects ranging from bioplastics, bio-fuels, fuel cells, biobased molecules, and hydrogen with a simple but accurate approach, with many examples
- Offers both academic and industrial points of view on the development of selective renewable resources exploitations
- Gives an inside to biomass exploitations in emerging/transition countries.
- Examines the transformation of bio-based renewable feedstock into valuable, clean, and economically attractive products
- Explains the catalytic processes involved and surveys the relevant commercial technologies available
- Highlights technologies that can be used for efficient waste management solutions, particularly for the synthetic polymers industry as well as energy production
- Focuses on current trends for hydrogen-based and fuel cell-based technologies
- Offers valuable insight into the chemical processes and practical considerations as well as the advantages, challenges, and opportunities for developing these technologies