EFA Global Monitoring Report
The hidden crisis: Armed conflict and education documents the devastating effects of armed conflict on education. It examines the widespread human rights abuses that are keeping children out of school. The Report challenges an international aid system that is failing conflict-affected states, with damaging consequences for education. It calls on governments to demonstrate greater resolve in combating the culture of impunity surrounding attacks on schoolchildren and schools. And it sets out an agenda for fixing the international aid architecture, identifying strategies for strengthening the role of education in building peace.
About this book
• Presents comprehensive data and statistical indicators on all levels of education in over 200 countries and territories
• Documents the devastating effects of conflict on the education of millions of children around the world
• Examines education’s potential role both in fuelling conflict and in building peace in post-conflict situations
• Sets out an agenda for protecting, providing and rebuilding education systems in situations of conflict
• Critically assesses the existing humanitarian aid architecture and the level and quality of international aid for education